积分
9650 点
帖子

法硕美女 联盟帅男 当天发帖大王

跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2007-8-28 22:24:03 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览
2006年在职攻读硕士学位全国联考英语试题

Part I Dialogue Communication(1 5 minutes,1 5 points)

Section A: Dialogue Completion Directions:In this section,you will read 5 short incomplete dialogues between two speakers,each followed by four choices marked A,B,C,andD. Choose the answer that best suits the sit-uation to comple the dialogue .Mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET with a single lihrough the center.
1.Speaker A:Excuse me,but can you tell us where the conference room is?
Speaker B:The conference room is located on the third floor of the hotel
A.Of course,si r. B.Yes,please.
C.Right,sir.D.You are welcome
2. Speaker A:______
Speaker B:I’m running a temperature,and feel sick.
A. What can I do for you? B. What seems to be the trouble?
C. What are you doing these days? D.How long has this been going on?
3.Speaker A:Nancy,you look very well
Speaker B:Thank you,Jane.You look wonderful too.Your weekend swimming must havedone good to you.
Speaker A:——
A.You think so?That’s encouraging.
B.That’s very kind of you
C.Are vou serious?Thank you anyway.
D.Are you kidding?I don’t believe it
4.Speaker A:It took me ten years to build up my business,and it almost killed m e
Speaker B:Well,you know what they say:——
A.There is no smoke without fire.
B.Practice makes perfct.
C.All roads lead to Rome.
D.No pains,no gains.
5.Speaker A:Don’t you smoke?
Speaker B.——
A.No.Nothing interests me less than smoking
B.Yes.I have never smoked in my life.
C.No.Only once in a while.
D.Yes.And I hate others smoking in my face.

Section B Dialogue Comprehension
Directions:In this section,you will read 5 short conversations between a man and a woman At the end of each conversation there is a question followed by four choices marked A,B,C,and D. Choose the best answer to the question from the 4 choices given and mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET with a single line through the center.
6.Woman:I just found out at registration.that the creative writing class is full.Now I have to wait a whole year to get in
Man:Why don’t you check back after the first week? Somebody might drop it.
Question:What does the man suggest the woman should do?
A.Make sure the registration office didn’t make a mistake.
B.Decide whether to drop the course next week.
C.Find out if a place opens up in the course later.
D.Take the course next year.
7.Woman:1 want to talk with Tom now.
Man:You can’t do that.He is in bad mood.
Question:Why can’t the woman talk to Tom now?
A.Tom is terribly i11. B.Tom is in low spirits.
C.Tom is bad—tempered. D.Tom is very nervous.
8.Woman:You often complain a lot about your boss.But today you are different.
Man:We had a heart—to—heart talk and I saw him with new eyes.
Question:What does the man mean?
A.He saw his boss as a real person for the first time.
B.He is now complaining in a different way.
C.He has made his boss change his attitude.
D.He has changed his opinion of his boss.
9.Woman:Maybe we should take the front street this morning.The radio announcer said that
the traffic is very heavy on the freeway.
Man:Well,if he says to take the front street,we should go the other wav.
Question:What does the man think of the radio announcer7
A:He’s humorous.
B.He makes no mistakes.
C.He doesn’t speak clearly.
D.He’s tlnreliable.
10.Woman:I didn’t see you at the concert last night.What’S wrong with you?
Man:That’S not my cup of tea.
Question:What does the man mean?
A.He is not fond of concerts.
B.He didn’t like the tea at the concert.
C.He left early to have some tea with somebody else.
D.He doesn’t want to tell the woman why he was not there

PartⅡ Vocabulary and Structure(2 0 minutes,1 0 points)

Directions:There are20incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are 4
choices marked A,B,Cand D. Choose the one that best completes the sentence.Mark your an—swer onthe ANSWER SHEET with a single line through the center.
1 1.The work has the status of a classic among the composer’S admirers.
A.reauired B.acquired C.inquired D.inspired
1 2.Some people think they can read man’S__from his handwriting.
A.attribute B.feature C.property D.character
1 3.The young heir was so__that he gave all his money away in a couple of years•
A.handsome B.genuine C.talented D.generous
1 4. Only by understanding the Web deeply__hope for people to grasp its full potential•
A. can there be B. can be there C. be there can D.there can be
15.What you’reto read may challenge your assumptions about the kind of world we live
A.around B.ahead C.above D.about
16.The goal is to use crops,weeds and even animal waste__the petroleum that fuels much
of American manufacturing.
A.in terms of B.in favor of C.in spite of D.in place of
17.The_he said it he knew what a mistake he had made.
A.moment B.time C.occasion D.hour
18.I_______rather s01ve the problems in my farm myself than seek the help of other people.
A.should B.shall C.would D.will
19.From what has been discussed above,we may safely draw the__that its disadvantages
are far greater than its advantages.
A.solution B.conclusion C.answer D.attention
20.By the time you have completed the essential training,you__exposed to Virtually every
new feature of the course.
A.will have been B.will be
C.would have been D.would be
21.Too often teachers'_with parents involve complaints about children’s misbehaviors and
iaziness.
A.acquaintances B.associations
C.conferences D. consultations-
22.I admit that the Droblems are difficult,I don’t agree that they cannot be solved.
A.When B.Where C.While D.Why
23.He should___ be a110wed to get up until he has completely recovered from his illness.
A.in case B.in any case C.in that case D.in no case
24.If nature does not provide man with the necessary material,it is the laboratorv____he will
turn to for it.
A.where B.which C.that D.what
25.All flights——because of the snowstorm,they decided to take the train.
A.were cancelled B.have been cancelled
C.had been cancelled D. havihg been cancelled
26.I really appreciate______to help me,but I am sure that I can manage it myself.
A.you to come B.that you come
C.your coming D.how you come
27.A new system of quality control was__to overcome the shortcomings in the firm’s prod
ucts.
A..invested B.reformed C introduced D.instructed
28.It may be worthwhile at this moment to____and see what results we have got after one
year’s experiments.
A.100k back B.100k around C.100k up D.100k forward
29.I don’t think Mr.Watson wili come here again today.Please give the ticket to____comes
here first.
A.whomever B.whom C.who D.whoever
30.Far too many owners of electric appliances have a hard time___________qualified repairmen to fixtheir machines.
A.finding B.to find C.to finding D.having foun
Part Ⅲ Reading Comprehension (40 minutes,40 points)
Directions:There are 4 passages in this part.Each of the passages is followed by 5 questions or unfinisbed statements.For each of them there are 4 choices marked A,B.Cand D.Choose thebest one and lTlark your allszuer 0n the ANSWER SHEET zuith a single line through the cellter.
Passage One
Don’t have time to read anymore?Now you can get free,quick literatnre via emait.More
than 100 000 people open their email each day,to read a chapter of a book,through Chapter—A—
Day.an online book club created two years ago.It’s a free email service that provides a short dai—ly reading for busy people,exposing them to literature they may not find on their own inspiring
some to recommit it to the reading habit.About 550 public library systems representing over 3 000 branch libraries already have signed up to offer Chapter—A—Day.Via email,participants get about five minutes’worth of reading every day.After three chapters are∈mailed.the installments stop,and those who want to keep reading can borrow the book at their public library or purchase it online.Chapter—A—Day has eight free book clubs,and sells thousands of books each month.
Chapter—A-Day started in 1999 when Suzanne Beecher,a lifelong book lover,realized how
法硕-fashuo 联盟-union 法硕联盟-fashuounion
回复

举报

主题

好友

积分

法硕元帅

LUCK

该用户从未签到

金币
6863 枚
积分
9650 点
帖子

法硕美女 联盟帅男 当天发帖大王

2#
发表于 2007-8-28 22:24:20 |只看该作者
manyof the women whoworked part—time for her software development company didn’t havetime in their busy lives to read.She decided to type part of a chapter of a book,and send it to heremployees through email.The next day she typed a little more,and continued tosend literary
installments each day.She says she started getting feedback from the staff about how readingmade them feel.“They were interested,and realized that.though they didn’t have time in theirbusv lives for reading,just reading that little bit each day got them back in the habit."Realizingthat many other people could benefit.she decided to take the idea even further and start an email"chapter-a-day’’book club to help others ease their way back into daily reading.“Reading makeschanges in people’S lives.”Beecher says.
Pat Dempsey.a librarian at a public library in Ohio,has found Chapter—A—Day helps her li—brary clients get back in the habit of reading."It’s a different way to get people h00ked onbooks,”she says.

3 1.Chapter-A-Day is intended to help people__.
A.get back into the habit of reading
B.relieve stress from office work
C.find interesting books online
D.buy books more conveniently
32.The passage was written in__.
A.1999 B.2000 C.2001 D.2002
33.1t can be inferred that through Chapter—A-Day——.
A.Dublic libraries have become crowded with readers
B.Ms Beecber made much money for her software company
C.Deople begin to read very slowly and patiently
D.Deople cannot finish reading any book online
34.The word“installment”in the passage probably means“——”-
A.a 1ibrary email B.a rare piece of literature
C.a free novel D.a part of a book
35.Ms Beecher decided to expand her Chapter—A—Day service because__•
A.over 3 000 1ibraries had j oined
B.many other people could benefit
C.eight book clubs supported her
D free emajl service was available
Passage two
Chicago Public Schools are going to great lengths to hire teachers--now the school districtrecruits teachers fr。m other countries to help solve a shortage of teachers.It all started in 1999,when R。uses Hannon.a math and physics teacher from Palestine(巴勒斯坦),visited Chicago He read about the teacher shortage at Chicago Public Schools and asked the school board if they dhire him The board was interested and decided to create a special program for foreign—born teach—ers like Hannon,and he was the first teacher hired.
The program is called the Global Educator Outreach or GEO,and it’s a partnership between
Chicago Public Schools and the U。S. government. Because the teacher shortage in Chicago is soextreme,the Government allows the school district to temporarily hire foreign teaching candi—dates using H1一B visas.The Government grants these visas oniy to skilled foreign_born citlzens SO they can work in highly specialized jobs that can’t be filled with available U.S.workforce.
Through the GEO,the school district has hiredtries.Applicants must pass an English language test dozens of teachers from 22 different coun—and specialize in math,science。world lan—guage or bilingual(双语的)education.Hannon and the first GEO teachers started in the class—room at the beginning of the 2000~2001 school year,
What do the GEO teachers think of the American classroom?ttannon, who was hired toteach math at Gage Park High School,says classrooms in Chicagoare very different from those inPales tine. For one thing,he says,the fixed schedule that forces students t0 attend the same clas—ses at the same time each day becomes too dutl. In Palestine,the class sehedule changes eachweek.He says in Palestine,the culture forces students to work hard because if they don't they'ilbe kicked out and put in vocational schools,which limits their career options.There is not nearlvaS much pressure for American students to do,veil。He says he has todouble the amounts of
work just to get his students interested,

36.Chicago Public Schools began to employ foreign teachers because
A.there were not enough American teachers
B.a program for foreign teachers was started
C.the schooi board was interested in foreign teachers
D.foreign teachers taught better than American teachers
37.The American Government is involved in the program because .
A.the schools are public schools
B.the Government is to finance the program
C.the Government grants visas to the foreign teachers
D.the program involves bilingual education
38.It seems that the Global Educator Outreaeh wiil .
A.be difficult to continue B.last a limited period of time
C.pose a threat to U.S.workforce D.be extended to other cities
39.Chicago Public Schools do not seem to lack teachers of_____.
A.English B.math
C.science D.world language
40.Hannon,as a GEO teacher,has found that____.
A.class schedules in America and Palestine are very much the same
B.fixed class schedules make it easy for teachers to prepare lessons
C.vocational schools offer a good career option for American students
D.American students do not work as hard as Palestinian students

Passage Three
Workforce is defined as the total number of people who are available to work and earn in—comes.The definition includes everyone who is employed or seeking paid employment,SO it ill—cludes employees and the self-employed.
Although the size of the workforce depends a great deal on the size of the total population,there are several other influences which also affect it.The age distribution of the total populationhas a very marked effect on the available workforce.If the population has a high proportion of very young people or of those too old to work,then the available workforce would be lower thanif there were an evenly spread age distribution.If the population grows rapidly from natural in—crease,i.e.the number of births greatly exceeds the number of deaths,then as the total popula—tion increases,the proportion in the workforce declines.
Sometimes a population is described as aging,which means that the birth rate is either failing or growing very slowly,and as people retire from the workforce,there are not enough young people entering it to replace those who are leaving it.The population is top—heavy with older peo—ple.So the percenLage of the population in the workforce declines when there is either a rapid in—crease in births or a failing birth rate.
The age distribution of the population has several important effects on the economy.If the population is aging and there is an increase in the number of people retiring without a correspond—ing increase in the number entering the workforce,this raises the problem of the ability of the economv to provide a reasonable level of social services to the retired group. If the aged are to be cared for in special hc)mes or hotels,finances must be available for that purpose.If tbe size of the workforce is small relative to the total population,then the government tax receipts are relatively low and either the government has less money available to it or the workforce members have to be taxed more heavily.

41.Workforce is composed of________.
A.both the employed and the self-employed
B.people employed to work for others
C.both employers and employees
D.people avai lable to work and earn incomes
42.The factor that does not influence the size of the workforce is___
A.the size of the total population
B.the age distribution of a population
C.the national economy
D.the natural population growth
43.It can be concluded from Paragraph 2 that一——.
A.a population growth leads to a greater proportion of workforce
B.a 1arge population does not necessarily mean a high proportion of workforce
C.the size of the aged determines the proportion of workforce
D.the Droportion of the very young determines the size of workforce
44.1 he size o±the workforce declines when__.
A.many people reach the retiring age
B.the birth rate falls rapidly
C.the number of retirees exceeds that of new workers
D.the death rate increases
45.The last paragraph focuses on_______.
A.the factors that influence the workforce structure
B.the importance of workforce distribution to the economy
C.the relationship between the age distribution and the economy
D.the influence of population growth on the national economy

Passage Four
Honesty is the best policy,as the English saying goes.Unfortunately,honesty often deserts
us when no one is watching.British psychologists reported last week.
Researchers at UK’s Newcastle University set up an experiment in their psychoiogy department’s coffee room.They set a kettle with tea,coffee and milk on the counter and hung up
a sign listing the prices for drinks.People helping themselves to a cup of drink were supposed to
put a few cents in the box nearby.The scientists hung a poster above the money box,and itchanged each week between images of gazing eyes and pictures of flowers.The researchers foundthat staff paid 2.76 times more for their drinks when the image of the eyes was hung.“Franklywe were shocked by the size of the effect,”said Gilbert Roberts。one of the researchers.
Eyes are known to be a powerful perceptual(感官的)signal for humans.“Even though the
eyes were not real,they stitl seemed to make people behave more honestly.”said Melissa Bate—son.a behavioral biologist and leader of the study.
Researchers believe the effect sheds light on our evolutionary past It may arise from behav-ioral features that developed when early humans formed social groups to strengthen their chancesof survival.For social groups to work,individuals had to co-operate。rather than act selfishly.“There’s an argument that if nobody is watching us,it is in our interests to behave selfishly.But when were being watched we should behave better.So people see us as co—operative and behave the same way towards us,”Bateson said.
The new finding indicates that people have a striking response to eyes.That might be be—
cause eyes and faces send a strong biological signal we have evolved to respond to.The finding
could be put to practical use,too.For example,images of eyes could increase ticket sales on pub—lic transport and improve supervision systems to prevent antisocial behavior.

46.The experiment conducted in Newcastle University shows that____.
A.people enj oy free drinks more than paid ones
B.most people are dishonest if nobody is watching
C.people like pictures of flowers more than pictures of eyes
D.people are more honest when watched by pictures of eyes

主题

好友

积分

法硕元帅

LUCK

该用户从未签到

金币
6863 枚
积分
9650 点
帖子

法硕美女 联盟帅男 当天发帖大王

3#
发表于 2007-8-28 22:24:35 |只看该作者
47.Gilbert Roberts was shocked because .
A.so many people had participated in the experiment
B.so many of the participants were dishonest
C.the effects of the pictures of flowers and gazing eyes were so different
D.the effects of eyes and other perceptual signals were so powerful
48.The phrase“sheds light on”in Paragraph 4 probably means“——”.
A.hints at B.makes clearer C.points to D.further proves
49.According to the passage,early humans——.
A.were less selfish than the present—day people
B.were more co—operative in nature
C.had to be co—operative to survive
D.had to behave better than the present—day people
50.Images of eyes could be put up in the following places EXCEPT__.
A.subway entrances B.supermarkets
C.back streets D.hotels

Part 1V Cloze Test(15 minutes,10 points)

Directions:There are 10 blanks in the follow,ing passage.For each numbered blank,thereare 4 choices marked A,B,C and D.Choose the best o?le and 77~ayk your answer 071 the ANSWERSHEET with a single line through the center.

German zoologist Randolf Menzel says bees aren’t as busy as people believe they are.“Bees
are not particularly 5 1 .Instead they sleep a lot and are lazy.They spend 52 80 percent
of the night sleeping。Even during the day they often fly to the nest 53 they rest their
wings.”said Menzel.a zoologist at the Free University in Berlin,who has studied bees for four
decades.But to 54 for their apparent laziness.they are actually very intelligent.They are
55 learners and able to recognize various smells.
Menzel said bees’learning,like 56 of many animals,was based on a reward system.“If
a bee is rewarded once for something,it remembers it for a week.But if it is rewarded three
times,it will remember it for its 57 lifetime.”said Menzel.He last week was awarded a
58 by the German Zoological Society.
The memory capacity of bees means they can 59 among more than 50 different smells to
find the smell they want.“What is interesting is that what smells good to a bee,is also a 60
sinell for humans,”said Menzel.
5 1. A.working hard B.hardworking C.hard working D.working hardly
52.A.as to B.as much C.up to D.such as
53.A.what B.to which C.in that D.where
54.A.compensate B.provide C.search D.account
55.A.rapid B.swift C.speedy D.quick
56.A.those B.which C.that D.what
57.A.full B.integrate C.all D.entire
58.A.prize B.praise C.price D.pride
59.A.discriminate B.distinguish C.divide D.derive
60.A.sickening B.pleasant C.harsh D.graceful

Part V Translation(30 minutes,1 0 points)

Directions:Translate the following passage into Chinese and put your translation on the
ANSWER SHEET.

Each year in the United States more people are killed or i~ured in accidents--at home,atwork or school,at play,or while traveling- than were killed orinjured in the Vietnam war.Inthe earlv 1990s,about half of these accidental deaths were the result of motor—vehicle accidents.Other maj or causes of accidental deaths were falls,fires,and poisoning.On a worldwide basis,accidents involving motor vehicles are the primary cause of accidental deaths,followed by acci—
dents in industry and in the home.
Efforts to lessen or to eliminate the hazardous conditions that cause accidents are known as
saletv measures.Safety is a growing concern around the world,and safety skillS are being taken
more seriouslv today than ever before.People have come to realize that safety skills can be learn—ed,and most safety experts agree that it is possible to predict,and take steps to prevent,the ma—joritv of accidents.Few accidents simply“happen”.Most are caused by ignorance,carelessness,neglect,or 1ack of skill.

PartⅥ Writing(30 minutes,1 5 points)

Directions:You are to write in no less than 1 20 words about the topic“On the Significance of the Qing-Zang Railroad”.Your composition should be based on the Chinese clues given be—low.
青藏铁路于今年7月1日通车。请简单地谈谈青藏铁路建成和通车的重大意义,如经济、文化、旅游等方面。
注:西藏:Tibet;西藏的、西藏人、藏语:Tibetan

答案
第一部分口语交际
1、ABADA 2、CBDDA
第二部分语法结构和词汇
11---15、BDDAD 16----20、DACBA 21----25、CCDCD 26----30、CCADA
第三部分阅读理解
31----35、ACCDB 36-----40、ACBAD 41----45、DCBCC 46----50、BCBCD
第四部分完型填空
51----55、CCDAD 56-----60、CDABB
第五部分翻译
1、 在美国,每年在家、工作单位、学校、娱乐和旅游中发生事故而伤亡的人数超过了越战中的伤亡人数。
2、20世纪90年代早期,机动车事故造成的死亡人数大约是全部事故死亡人数的一半。
3、发生事故的其他主要原因是跌倒(坠落)、火灾和中毒。
4、在世界范围内,与机动车有关的事故是造成事故死亡的主要原因,其次是工厂和家庭中发生的事故。
5、为减少和消除事故隐患做出的努力称为安全措施。
6、安全在世界上越来越受到关注,现在人们比以往更重视安全技能。
7、人们认识到安全技能是可以学到的,而多数安全专家则认为,大多数事故是可以预测并采取措施加以预防。
8、所提出的这些措施远没达到需要的目标。
9、大部分事故由于无知、粗心、疏忽或技能缺失所致。
第六部分
写作(省略)
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

!qqOnline!

QQ|手机版|Archiver|删贴申请及投诉|本站联系方式|京公网安备 11010802023906号|法律硕士联盟    网站备案:京ICP备17017054号-4

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 17:39 , Processed in 1.131157 second(s), 31 queries , Gzip On.